[Letux-kernel] Building U-Boot, again

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Apr 17 15:47:46 CEST 2017

Hi,

> Am 17.04.2017 um 15:36 schrieb Josua Mayer <josua.mayer at jm0.eu>:
>

> Am 17.04.2017 um 15:34 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller:
>> Hi,
>>
>>> Am 17.04.2017 um 15:08 schrieb Josua Mayer <josua.mayer at jm0.eu>:
>>>
>>> Hi Nikolaus,
>>>
>>> I might have asked this before, but it seems to evade me.
>>> How do I make u-boot.img.flash?
>> There is a script to create it:
>>
>> http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-uboot.git;a=blob;f=Letux/mkonenand.php;h=85d791fab49b22c4f71d0debeceebef0e748f4dd;hb=9e357b610f85c766c600beb1fcf00a7dca64f8c0
>>
>> It is only needed for OneNAND (because BootROM does address it differently). For standard NAND or eMMC the flash image is the same as the SD-card image.
> I thought this was only for MLO?

Ah, yes. You are right. I mixed it up.

>>> Is it now the same binary? And if so, why isn't it the same thing using
>>> your makesd script?
>> The makesd script only downloads files to an SD card but does not process/modify them.
> I was using your makesd script to geet a known-working boot partition.
> And it had u-boot.img, and u-boot.img.flash.

Ah, you used makesd to create a new SD card.

> However the latter was *not* twice the size of the former, instead just
> about 20kB bigger.

Hm. Strange.

They should be exactly the same file as the non-flash file:

http://download.goldelico.com/letux-u-boot/GTA04/latest/
http://download.goldelico.com/letux-u-boot/GTA04-OneNAND/latest/

So I have no idea why they are different.

The real reason to have them as separate files is to have an opportunity
to make them different, but it is not necessary.