[Letux-kernel] 4.5-rc4 available

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Feb 15 12:03:52 CET 2016

Hi,

Am 15.02.2016 um 11:49 schrieb Christ van Willegen <cvwillegen at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 7:45 AM, H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
>> Looks like it has a significant change to phy-twl4030-usb:
>>
>>        https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=9db8cc1ae5b0805230f710ddf4f2de0591db820a
>>
>> I don't know, but it has the potential to resolve the 50mA suspend issue...
>

> You mean undoing the
>
> ret = regulator_enable(phy->pwr);
>
> line? (As in: Keeping track that this was done, and undoing it in case
> of an error).

Something like that. But I could be wrong. Just the combination of phy- twl4030 and pm made me alerted :)

> Yes, that could solve lots of problems... IIRC the IR
> (thermal) pictures you sent pointed to the PHY part?

Yes. It is the musb + twl4030-phy (part), i.e. the OTG client USB driver which stays warm during suspend.

And after removing the twl4030-phy driver from the kernel, I had ~25mA current in suspend - but of course no USB while active...

So we are on the right track, although I must admit that I personally do neither understan musb nor all
these pm calls...