[Letux-kernel] Kernel 4.5-rc3

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Tue Feb 9 07:10:22 CET 2016

Hi,

On Mon, 8 Feb 2016 21:10:30 +0100

> Am 08.02.2016 um 20:32 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
>
> > On Mon, 8 Feb 2016 11:11:34 +0100
> > "H. Nikolaus Schaller" <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >> I have merged/rebased to kernel 4.5-rc3.
> >> No significant changes observed yet.
> >>
> >> Except that I have fixed an issue with the twl4030-charger you maybe have not
> >> even been aware (one of Marek's patches submitted a while ago was neither
> >> upstream nor in our tree).
> >>
> >> I have also upgraded the libertas patches, but for me it still does not find or install
> >> the firmware (I have the package from Debian 8.2):
> >>
> >> [   15.390777] libertas_sdio: Libertas SDIO driver
> >> [   15.395599] libertas_sdio: Copyright Pierre Ossman
> >> [   15.400695] driver_register 'libertas_sdio'
> >> done.
> >> ^[[?1;0c[   15.860626] libertas_sdio: failed to load helper firmware
> >>
> > You know the parameter libertas_debug of the libertas module?
> > That makes the module (and also libertas_sdio) output a lot of debugging info.
> > But better disable powersaving if you have many parameters enabled.
>
> Ok, will try.
>
> BTW: I just managed ~30 minutes ago to start the WL183x module on the
> Pyra mainboard. There, I had to locate a newer firmware version but then
> it did load and I was able to scan for networks. Same kernel code as for
> GTA04.

I would be highly interested whether suspend works.
And can you confirm that wake on wlan does *not* work?
That information would help to cleanup the mmc irq patch
to make it upstreamable.
As I consider that wifi driver well-maintained (in constrast to the
libertas one) that is a good chance to isolate bugs on the mmc host side.

> It could also be something else. E.g. the firmware file on my µSD could simply
> be corrupted...

I have removed all firmware stuff and installed it freshly from debian jessie.
No problems.
4.5rc3 letux defconfig + GPIO_DEBUG enabled.