[Letux-kernel] Kernel 4.5-rc3

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Mon Feb 8 20:32:47 CET 2016

On Mon, 8 Feb 2016 11:11:34 +0100

> I have merged/rebased to kernel 4.5-rc3.
> No significant changes observed yet.
>
> Except that I have fixed an issue with the twl4030-charger you maybe have not
> even been aware (one of Marek's patches submitted a while ago was neither
> upstream nor in our tree).
>
> I have also upgraded the libertas patches, but for me it still does not find or install
> the firmware (I have the package from Debian 8.2):
>
> [   15.390777] libertas_sdio: Libertas SDIO driver
> [   15.395599] libertas_sdio: Copyright Pierre Ossman
> [   15.400695] driver_register 'libertas_sdio'
> done.
> ^[[?1;0c[   15.860626] libertas_sdio: failed to load helper firmware

You know the parameter libertas_debug of the libertas module?
That makes the module (and also libertas_sdio) output a lot of debugging info.
But better disable powersaving if you have many parameters enabled.

I am compiling the kernel at the moment into a fresh directory
(using the O= parameter of make)