[Letux-kernel] Fwd: mmc PM regression

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Sun Feb 7 10:06:06 CET 2016

Hi Nikolaus,

On Fri, 5 Feb 2016 19:30:27 +0100

> > &mmc2 {
> >        vmmc-supply = <&vaux4>;
> >        bus-width = <4>;
> >        ti,non-removable;
> >        cap-power-off-card;     /* remove! */ <----
> > };
> > What about the "remove!" here? What are the plans/ideas/problems here?
>
> I don't know.

If I understand that correctly, then that is about what to do with vaux4.
Thats why I asked my question below.

> > Was it once enabled and caused problems?
> > 277acf4b545327104c9b779eec7c440285d11a39
> > looks like that.
>
> That is heritage from Neil nobody else was able to understand so far...
>

> > Is the idea to never switch off vaux4? At least everything
> > regarding sdio suspend/remove/resume should be tested in both ways
>
> No, vaux4 must be turned off if we neither need WLAN nor BT.

It should. But *must* it be turned off?
Are there any other reason besides saving a few mA (which is of course
important)? If no then it is better to test any sdio-related patches
with and without removal so nothing breaks on other boards where
the 'card" does not have its own regulator.