[Letux-kernel] generic-adc-battery

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Sat Feb 6 19:08:10 CET 2016

Hi,
> > * if you do suspend measurements, the system wakes up when you ask the
> > battery driver next time, i.e. is again in a 400mA state.
>
> I should add that this driver should not even be intended to be used for suspend
> current measurements... This needs a real fuel gauge.

Yes, the point was that I think that it is not good to provide charge_now because
the only use for that is doing things like measure-suspend which require precise data.
If there is no charge_now, then things like measure-suspend can say "go away with
that battery driver".
Userspace can still display some battery state graphics using the "capacity"
sysfs file.
I have seen other drivers not providing charge_now, so we are not doing something
non-standard.