[Letux-kernel] generic-adc-battery

Belisko Marek marek at goldelico.com
Fri Feb 5 23:02:13 CET 2016

Hi,

I did look about converting generic-adc-battery to DT and reuse it
also for our twl4030_madc driver. What I understand is that this
driver accept in platform_data -> which must be converted to DT,
battery name, type and other parameters. Some properties which we have
in twl4030_madc are missing in generic like temperature, chargenow but
instead there are other which aren't used in twl4030_madc (min_design,
max_design ..). I did check usage and found that it's used only 2
times for LIPO batteries. Basically conversion is doable but I'm not
sure how community will respond to our enhancements (conversion to DT
should be OK). So question is if we should invest time to this rework?
Formula was valid only for LioN batteries, not sure if something else
exists for LIPO batteries type. Suggestions? Thanks.

BR,

marek