[Lenny400] [Letux-kernel] JZ4730/Minibook framebuffer driver updates

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sun Sep 10 19:18:47 CEST 2017

On Sunday 10. September 2017 18.50.29 H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> Fine! I haven't applied yet but there is 4.13.1 soon so I will do and
> provide a complete build asap.

I should try and merge from an updated upstream.

[...]

> Both commands create SD cards that look good when mounting and inspecting
> elsewhere...
>
> The only thing I don't know is if the jz4730 can handle big SD cards. I.e.
> bigger than 2 GB?

David has installed a Debian root filesystem on a 8GB card, and I think it
works OK. Although the Minibook is quite old, I'm not sure whether it would be
its own limitations or those of the kernel that would introduce card size
limits. And given that the Ben NanoNote seems to use 8GB microSD cards without
problems, I would imagine that the SoC family was capable enough at that time.

> But in any caseI have some still working low-capacity SD cards... The
> smallest one with 128 MB :)

For some people these are like gold, so you might have a high-margin card
retailing business in the future if you have enough of them. :-)

> So we are close to be able to set up a test scenario.

Great! I haven't really tried to test anything yet.