[Lenny400] Patches for linux-stable

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sat Sep 2 20:49:59 CEST 2017


On Saturday 2. September 2017 17.01.31 H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> 
> I forgot to mention that I added some stubs for i2c and i2s to the
> jz4730.dtsi.

I saw this. In fact, I've just added a definition for the DMA controller to 
the device tree file in my own repository, along with modifications to the 
driver.

> And of course I added individual patches for keyboard, buttons, leds,
> sound, etc. to the mipsbook_400.dts. Still untested but should not to be
> too far away from what we need.
> 
> What I did not do is to remove anything from the board file. This needs to
> be done carefully, including a comparison with the DT so that we do not
> loose anything important (although we always can look into the git
> history).

Indeed.

Currently, I'm trying to clone the gta04-kernel repository. The first attempt 
gave me the error I always seem to get with git these days:

$ git clone git://git.goldelico.com/gta04-kernel.git
Cloning into 'gta04-kernel'...
remote: ZÀhle Objekte: 6749163, Fertig.
remote: Komprimiere Objekte: 100% (976488/976488), Fertig.
Receiving objects: 100% (6749163/6749163), 1.41 GiB | 703.00 KiB/s, done.
fatal: pack is corrupted (SHA1 mismatch)
fatal: index-pack failed
remote: Total 6749163 (delta 5725996), reused 6747225 (delta 5724298)

There is some "advice" about this:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/21277806/fatal-early-eof-fatal-index-pack-
failed

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1943914/git-clone-fails-with-index-pack-
failed

The consensus seems to involve increasing memory limits. Predictably, there 
are all sorts of other "remedies" that rather seem like pressing all available 
buttons and hoping one of them has an effect. Or blaming the network.

The second attempt got me a clone, even though it also complained:

$ git clone git://git.goldelico.com/gta04-kernel.git
Cloning into 'gta04-kernel'...
remote: ZÀhle Objekte: 6749163, Fertig.
remote: Komprimiere Objekte: 100% (976488/976488), Fertig.
Receiving objects: 100% (6749163/6749163), 1.41 GiB | 819 KiB/s, done.
remote: Total 6749163 (delta 5725996), reused 6747225 (delta 5724298)
Resolving deltas: 100% (5725996/5725996), done.
error: unable to find 72df2e1b88afe209c8e9420a28f46eeb865b987a
error: unable to read sha1 file of drivers/tty/serial/sunsu.c 
(72df2e1b88afe209c8e9420a28f46eeb865b987a)
Checking out files: 100% (60075/60075), done.

Running git fsck produces...

$ git fsck
Checking object directories: 100% (256/256), done.
error: Packfile index for .git/objects/pack/pack-
c1fd5214844472b9d4a4ba1badfa7f893bbbbfcb.pack SHA1 mismatch
error: .git/objects/pack/pack-c1fd5214844472b9d4a4ba1badfa7f893bbbbfcb.pack 
SHA1 checksum mismatch
error: packed 027e1f5660121287ea7a06f2bfc92f47db93d9ce from 
.git/objects/pack/pack-c1fd5214844472b9d4a4ba1badfa7f893bbbbfcb.pack is 
corrupt

...and lots of similar messages to the last one. Maybe the clone is still 
usable, though.

[...]

> I now have fixed my cross-gcc includes and it seems to compile fine. I get
> a 4.2 MB large uImage and 75 MByte kernel modules (unstripped)...
> 
> This might be too big for NAND, but for SD card it should be ok.

I've not focused on the NAND at all so far. Replacing the NAND kernel is 
probably an "advanced" operation for people who can recover easily in case it 
goes wrong.

[...]

> BR and thanks for stimulating the fun while working on this :)

I hope the fun lasts all the way to a working kernel, though. :-)

Paul


More information about the Lenny400 mailing list