[Lenny400] Slightly later kernel/distro version

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Aug 28 16:57:34 CEST 2017

> Am 28.08.2017 um 13:43 schrieb David Boddie <david at boddie.org.uk>:
>
> On Monday 28. August 2017, H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>
>> It looks as if it has worked:
>>
>> http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-kernel.git;a=tags
>>
>> Please check.
>
> Great! I'll do this now and report back later.
>
> I'll delete the GitHub repository - the world doesn't need another fork of
> the Linux kernel. :-)

Yes, there should be only one Linux. At kernel.org. Unfortunately it is
quite tough work to get stuff there :)

>> I have also added a new line/link to
>>
>> http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/
>>
>> and added you to the team.
>>
>> BR and thanks for all this work!
>
> No problem. It would be good to make the minibook useful again and this is a
> step towards that.

Fine! I have looked into the patches and it appears that there is only
a handful of areas that is patched. 256 files in roughly 15 areas.

Main areas are as expected arch/mips/jz4730, drivers/char/jzchar, and
some other drivers. As well as sound/oss. What I don't know is if
whe need the jz4740 and jz4750 stuff at all.

And for a modern 4.* kernel, we can probably use standard yaffs, ubifs
without any jz specific patches.

So it could suffice to make "modern" patches for ca. 10 areas...

BR and thanks again,