[Gta04-owner] QuantumSTEP on PinePhone
H. Nikolaus Schaller
hns at goldelico.com
Mon Feb 24 18:29:52 CET 2020
after fixing the kernel build and some small config issues I was able to start QuantumSTEP on the PinePhone.
A problem is the capacitive touch screen (finger sensitive) which is not optimal for positioning the X11
mouse pointer. But it simply works. One just has to make a µSD card, insert and power on.
A photo is here: https://twitter.com/goldelico/status/1231991630594478083
If anyone on these lists happens to own a PinePhone:
1. download makesd: http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-makesd/
2. run DEV=/dev/sdb /usr/local/bin/makesd -v latest pinephone -r quantumstep - assuming your SD-card reader is /dev/sdb
3. insert the µSD and power-on
4. use an USB cable an ethernet gadget driver to ssh into the device (root at 192.168.0.202)
5. apt-get update && apt-get upgrade - to get some fixes
Note this is a demo system with low priority on security and being bug free...
So you should not yet expect it to be a good and robust Phone GUI (like Replicant or QtMoko).
More information about the Gta04-owner