[Gta04-owner] [Letux-kernel] Upstream status Was: New LetuxOS kernels

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Jan 3 22:16:57 CET 2019

Hi Andreas,

> Am 03.01.2019 um 21:52 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
>
> On Thu, 3 Jan 2019 21:07:43 +0100
> Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 22 Dec 2018 14:52:04 +0100
>> Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <GNUtoo at no-log.org> wrote:

>>> Hi,

>>> Upstream has that in omap4-gta04.dtsi:

>>> Does that mean that the GPS is finally upstream?

>>> That seem to be completely missing indeed.

>>> Upstream has that:

>>> So this means that we have the modem CODEC supported but as I
>>> understand there is no hardware voice routing (I didn't do extensive
>>> checks on that though).

>>> That would be a good idea. I'll try to find the time to update the
>>> status.
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot for the information.
>>>
>> I have created a new page because the older was more like status
>> of an ancient letux kernel following mainline (at that time we had
>> the 2.6.32 hw validation kernel following a beagle hw validation kernel
>> and a newer kernel nearer to mainline).
>>
>> I hope I have listed most things I know about.
>>
>> https://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/page/UpstreamStatus/
>>
> Oh, there is also a lot of out-of-date information here:
>
> https://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/page/Platforms/

Yes... It did not come beyond draft phase...
Like most open source projects, we could need more good and tenacious documentation writers :)

Anyways, many thanks for updating the other pages.

There is also some information about upstreaming in the Issues list (status "Ready" or "Submitted"):

	http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/issues/?_px_sk=status&_px_so=d

It is also a while that I did review and update the entries.