[Gta04-owner] Upstream status Was: New LetuxOS kernels

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Thu Jan 3 21:07:43 CET 2019

On Sat, 22 Dec 2018 14:52:04 +0100
Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <GNUtoo at no-log.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Dec 2018 18:37:30 +0100
>
> > Hi Denis,
> Hi,
>
> > Well, there are some things missing:
> > * GPS
>
> Upstream has that in omap4-gta04.dtsi:
> > antenna-detect {
> > 	compatible = "gpio-keys";
> >
> > 	gps_antenna_button: gps-antenna-button {
> > 		label = "GPS_EXT_ANT";
> > 		linux,input-type = <EV_SW>;
> > 		linux,code = <SW_LINEIN_INSERT>;
> > 		gpios = <&gpio5 16 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>; /* GPIO144 */
> > 		interrupt-parent = <&gpio5>;
> > 		interrupts = <16 IRQ_TYPE_EDGE_BOTH>;
> > 		debounce-interval = <10>;
> > 		wakeup-source;
> > 	};
> > };
> Does that mean that the GPS is finally upstream?
>
> > * Modem power enable through rfkill unblock wwan
> That seem to be completely missing indeed.
>
> > * more audio functions like codecs and hardware voice routing
> Upstream has that:
> > sound_telephony {
> > 	compatible = "simple-audio-card";
> > 	simple-audio-card,name = "GTA04 voice";
> > 	simple-audio-card,bitclock-master = <&telephony_link_master>;
> > 	simple-audio-card,frame-master = <&telephony_link_master>;
> > 	simple-audio-card,format = "i2s";
> > 	simple-audio-card,bitclock-inversion;
> > 	simple-audio-card,frame-inversion;
> > 	simple-audio-card,cpu {
> > 		sound-dai = <&mcbsp4>;
> > 	};
> >
> > 	telephony_link_master: simple-audio-card,codec {
> > 		sound-dai = <&gtm601_codec>;
> > 	};
> > };
> >
> > gtm601_codec: gsm_codec {
> > 	compatible = "option,gtm601";
> > 	#sound-dai-cells = <0>;
> > };
> So this means that we have the modem CODEC supported but as I
> understand there is no hardware voice routing (I didn't do extensive
> checks on that though).
>
> > And some other not so big things, like the iio-input-bridge (map
> > iio-accelerometer to /dev/input/event). Some topics are known to be
> > inacceptable (touch screen pre-calibration from device-tree).
>
> > If you need write access to update that page, please let me know.
> That would be a good idea. I'll try to find the time to update the
> status.
>
> Thanks a lot for the information.

I have created a new page because the older was more like status
of an ancient letux kernel following mainline (at that time we had
the 2.6.32 hw validation kernel following a beagle hw validation kernel
and a newer kernel nearer to mainline).

I hope I have listed most things I know about.

https://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/page/UpstreamStatus/

Regards,
Andreas