[Gta04-owner] replicant: software rendering

Josua Mayer josua.mayer97 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 18:48:05 CEST 2018

Good evening everybody,

I have found the magical switch that makes software rendering work, and
in turn get surfaceflinger operative.
Apart from explicitly enabling the swrast driver to be built, a property
has to be set:
ro.libagl=0!

This has been explicitly set to 1 in vendor/replicant/config/common.mk
with the comment "use Android's software renderer by default".
According to my testing this is wrong.
Sadly we can not override it in our device tree, because those vendor
settings end up near the end of build.prop.

So this calls for another forked repo, which imo is just very tiring.

@Wolfgang, can we get that property set to 0 for all replicant?

br
Josua Mayer