[Gta04-owner] remote powering on a gta04

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Fri Jun 22 00:07:41 CEST 2018

Hi,

I am just preparing my solution to remote power on a gta04, aka inserting battery.
The reason I want to do it, is to do kernel tests at the magic night
hour when all those pinctl bugs appear ;-) Or try several predefined
partially-parallel insmod sequences at boot.
I do not want to disassemble the gta04a5 too often, so a
pseudobattery would be interesting. Especially since I want to do it
on a more regular basis. Now I have prepared a microsd adapter with a
fet to contact the spring battery contacts.
I would fix it with a printed plastic block.

Of course the modem should not be used in such cases due to all the
series resistance.

Maybe the idea is interesting for someone. Does anyone have a
better/another solution for such a thing?
In earlier times I tried to use hex stainless steel screws for such
tasks with just a lab power supply attached to measure power
consumption of the 2.6.32 kernel, but I could not get the middle contact
that way and the resistance of the whole thing was horrible high.

Pictures:
http://misc.andi.de1.cc/sd-abuse1.jpg
http://misc.andi.de1.cc/sd-abuse2.jpg

Regards,