[Gta04-owner] Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: QtMoko: a dream comes true :)

Sven Dyroff S.Dyroff at phytec.de
Mon Feb 26 14:36:51 CET 2018

Hello Nikolaus,

meanwhile I gave it a trial, but unfortunately it doesn't boot. Since I
haven't created a new SD card for my GTA04A4 anymore since several years,
also haven't done any configuration for it in this time, thus forgot many
details and also didn't want to spend too much time, but wanted to avoid
everything that could brick my well working system, I thought I could be
very clever by just going the following simple way:

1.) I created a 1:1 clone of the working SD card which I had inside the
phone. It showed to be QtMoko v55. In my cupboard I found an SD card with
QtMoko v57 which was also working, but I even don't know anymore why I
kept v55 in my phone and not the v57. So I decided to use the v55 for
cloning.

2.) I verified that the clone was really functional. Indeed it came up
with QtMoko v55 perfectly working.

3.) I erased the old rootfs by executing "sudo mkfs.ext4 -L rootfs
/dev/sde2". Then mounted the new and empty fs and untared your new QtMoko
rootfs to there.

After putting the SD card into the phone and powering it on I get the
conversant penguin of your bootloader. But then I only get a completely
white screen together with power LED blinking slowly
red-green-yellow-black and bootbutton LED blinking fast the same sequence
red-green-yellow-black.

In the past conversation it had been mentioned that the new image will not
boot from SD card. How can this be fixed? Pressing the boot button doesn't
show any effect in my case.

Furthermore: Might it be that it's mandatory to use the current
bootloader? (Which would mean that I need to spend much more time in order
to get familiar again with all the details that might follow as
consequence.)

Best regards
   Sven