[Gta04-owner] Upstream status Was: New LetuxOS kernels

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Sat Dec 22 14:52:04 CET 2018

On Fri, 21 Dec 2018 18:37:30 +0100

> Hi Denis,
Hi,

> Well, there are some things missing:
> * GPS

Upstream has that in omap4-gta04.dtsi:
> antenna-detect {
> 	compatible = "gpio-keys";
>
> 	gps_antenna_button: gps-antenna-button {
> 		label = "GPS_EXT_ANT";
> 		linux,input-type = <EV_SW>;
> 		linux,code = <SW_LINEIN_INSERT>;
> 		gpios = <&gpio5 16 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>; /* GPIO144 */
> 		interrupt-parent = <&gpio5>;
> 		interrupts = <16 IRQ_TYPE_EDGE_BOTH>;
> 		debounce-interval = <10>;
> 		wakeup-source;
> 	};
> };
Does that mean that the GPS is finally upstream?

> * Modem power enable through rfkill unblock wwan
That seem to be completely missing indeed.

> * more audio functions like codecs and hardware voice routing
Upstream has that:
> sound_telephony {
> 	compatible = "simple-audio-card";
> 	simple-audio-card,name = "GTA04 voice";
> 	simple-audio-card,bitclock-master = <&telephony_link_master>;
> 	simple-audio-card,frame-master = <&telephony_link_master>;
> 	simple-audio-card,format = "i2s";
> 	simple-audio-card,bitclock-inversion;
> 	simple-audio-card,frame-inversion;
> 	simple-audio-card,cpu {
> 		sound-dai = <&mcbsp4>;
> 	};
>
> 	telephony_link_master: simple-audio-card,codec {
> 		sound-dai = <&gtm601_codec>;
> 	};
> };
>
> gtm601_codec: gsm_codec {
> 	compatible = "option,gtm601";
> 	#sound-dai-cells = <0>;
> };
So this means that we have the modem CODEC supported but as I
understand there is no hardware voice routing (I didn't do extensive
checks on that though).

> And some other not so big things, like the iio-input-bridge (map
> iio-accelerometer to /dev/input/event). Some topics are known to be
> inacceptable (touch screen pre-calibration from device-tree).

> If you need write access to update that page, please let me know.
That would be a good idea. I'll try to find the time to update the
status.

Thanks a lot for the information.

Denis.