[Gta04-owner] Second Debian Status Update

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Sep 19 11:12:06 CEST 2017

Hi Josua.

> Am 19.09.2017 um 09:38 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
>
>> experimental linux-image-4.13.0-trunk-armmp_4.13.1-1~exp1_armhf.deb:
>> - charging doesn't work here either
>>  Any ideas why?
>> - WiFi doesn't work
>>  Neither does it work on the A5, but there not even the wl18xx module
>> comes up on its own.
>
> Wl18xx needs updates in the device tree which are not upstream and therefore
> not in any Debian kernel (unless we build our own).
>
>> This is the one I think we should work on fixing, if it is just a matter
>> of missing kernel config options.
>
> Yes, it might additionally be a kernel misconfig.

I just tried with upstream kernel with omap2plus_defconfig and charging
doesn't work as well.

The module twl4030_charger is loaded but there is no /sys/class/power_supply entry.

So something significant is missing upstream.

BTW: X11 doesn't start:

[  4810.383] (WW) Falling back to old probe method for omap
[  4812.189] (EE) No devices detected.
[  4812.191] (EE)
Fatal server error:
[  4812.194] (EE) no screens found(EE)