[Gta04-owner] [Tinkerphones] QtMoko2 again...

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Oct 12 19:00:58 CEST 2017

> Am 12.10.2017 um 17:08 schrieb Josua Mayer <josua.mayer97 at gmail.com>:
>
>> 	dpkg-shlibdeps -Tdebian/qtmoko-neo.substvars -xqtmoko-gta04 -xqtmoko-neo -xqtmoko-pc debian/qtmoko-neo/opt/qtmoko/qt_plugins/bearer/libqgenericbearer.so debian/qtmoko-neo/opt/qtmoko/qt_plugins/bearer/libqconnmanbearer.so ...
>>
>> (especially the -x arguments and the debian/qrmoko-*/opt/qtmoko things.
> So error-log.txt line 155044 reads:
> dh_shlibdeps -l/src/qtmoko-master/debian/qtmoko-gta04/opt/qtmoko/lib:/usr/i386-linux-gnu/lib \
>         -- -xqtmoko-gta04 -xqtmoko-neo -xqtmoko-pc
> Notice how it only passes debian/qtmoko-gta04 as search-path to shlibdeps!
> I believe this is what we need to fix: Either add all build-flavours to the search path,
> *or* call shlibdeps individually for every package (qtmok-neo,qtmoko-pc,...).
> The latter would look similar to this:
> dh_shlibdeps -l$(CURDIR)/debian/qtmoko-gta04/opt/qtmoko/lib -pqtmoko-gta04
> For a full example, see this rules file where I made heavy use of this feature:
> https://github.com/mxOBS/deb-pkg_gpu-viv-bin/blob/stable/debian/rules#L68 <https://github.com/mxOBS/deb-pkg_gpu-viv-bin/blob/stable/debian/rules#L68>

Ah, yes. Looks reasonable and should not harm...

>> BTW: I just started to wonder why the qtmoko-neo library is "ELF format: 'elf32-i386'"?
> Looks like it was an x86 build.

It looks as if my cross-compiler is not properly called/found. Previously I did try to compile
natively on ARM and just recently switched to the i386 system in a VirtualBox. So it
may simply be not in the PATH...

So we have identified two issues! I will report as soon as I find time to restart
the build process.

BR and thanks,