[Gta04-owner] GTA04A5 status

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Oct 11 17:03:45 CEST 2017

Hi,

it is long time ago that we had to stop working
on the GTA04A5.

As you certainly remember there are approx. 25
broken boards which do not (properly) boot.
Most of them are completely dead, some show that
the DM3730 SoC is starting but can't find memory
and/or MMC card.

All this is either by short circuits or open
solder joints.

The only way to cure this is to remove (and throw
away) the DM3730 and the memory chip and replace
them with new ones.

Finally I invested quite some hours yesterday
and today to do the first phase: disassembly.

A photo of the result can be seen here:

https://twitter.com/goldelico/status/918127907284901888

I can't promise yet when I can start to install
the new DM3730 + Memory chips (fortunately we
have enough spare ones).

Nikolaus

PS: Librem 5 got 1.5 Mio USD budget... Something
we have always dreamed of. 10% of that would have
given a big push to our work.

If you still want to support us:
http://shop.goldelico.com/wiki.php?page=Product&product=9601