[Gta04-owner] Fwd: QtMoko2 again...

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Oct 7 15:42:40 CEST 2017

> Am 07.10.2017 um 15:30 schrieb Roland Häder <roland at mxchange.org>:
>
> On 10/07/2017 02:50 PM, H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>> Hi Roland,
>> Well, I am not sure if that would change anything. The Jessie/Wheezy
>> systems I have in the VirtualBox don't use systemd either.
>>
>> The issue seems to be hidden in the Debian build rules of the QtMoko2
>> package and not outside of QtMoko2 source code.
>>
>> BR and thanks,
>> Nikolaus
>>
> Ah, yes. Wheezy is the last Debian release with no systemd (what is
> Devuan based on).

Our Letux Jessie images are also without systemd:

http://download.goldelico.com/letux-debian-rootfs/?C=M;O=D

I have experimented with Debian Strech with systemd and my
results are:
* boots much faster
* is much easier and more flexible to configure (if you are
  willing to understand the new documentation)
* it has become easier since 2 years ago as Google finds
  much more examples, tutorials and config snippets
* no practical drawbacks seen

So without knowing the ideological aspects and discussion about
people, I would still not understand why Devuan exists ;)