[Gta04-owner] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: suggestions for rootfs

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Fri Feb 3 12:31:26 CET 2017

Hi Nikolaus,

On Fri, 3 Feb 2017 09:32:17 +0100

> > So this means that it could suffice to initially mount with -o
> > compr=lzo which should create a compressed image and afterwards it
> > should simply "know" about compression. Let's give this theory a
> > try.
>
> Well, it works using -o compr=lzo but makes no difference. Either
> compression is already turned on or this method of creating a
> compressed ubifs does not work.

As far as I understand,
mount -o compr=...
defines the compression for newly-written files.

I mounted with compr=zlib.
I ran a pipe yesterday:
tar -c ... | buffer -z 512k | (cd /mnt/nand ; tar -x).

I copied around 900MByte (according to buffer output.
The usage df has reported grews initially quite fast, then very slowly.

Regards
Andreas