[Gta04-owner] Building replicant - Winter 2017

Josua Mayer josua.mayer97 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 19:57:15 CET 2017

Hi Andreas,

Am 27.12.2017 um 17:35 schrieb Andreas Kemnade:
> Hi,
>>> service console /system/bin/sh
>>>       class core
>>>       console
>>>       disabled
>>>       user shell
>>>       group shell log
>>>       seclabel u:r:shell:s0
>>>

>>> remove the seclabel line and s/shell/root/
>> I see.
>> I ended up using depmod to generate the modules.dep file. Now the system
>> starts just fine!
>>
>> Is there a repository I can pull the kernel you used from to build
>> everything from source? I'd then see if I can integrate running depmod
>> with the build.
> I updated the local_manifest in gta04-replicant.git
> to point to a better kernel.
good.
I tried a new build, from work/lukas/android-4.10 but I keep running
into the same issue, where omapdrm does not initialize properly.
That is why /dev/dri/card0, and /dev/fb0 are missing, and surfaceflinger
keeps dieing.

Please find attached a patch generating modules.dep for a happier
modprobe, to be applied in /build.

> Then there will be some cherry-picking from gta04-replicant-device.git
> from 4.2 -> 6.0 branch, too.
Looking forward ....