[Gta04-owner] Progress GTA04 and Letux OS

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Tue Dec 19 22:29:18 CET 2017

Hi Neil,

On Tue, 19 Dec 2017 17:51:07 +0000
Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net> wrote:

> On 19/12/17 09:57, H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> > What you should do: update your U-Boot in NAND.
> >
> > To do this, use makesd gta04 / makesd gta04a5 to format
> > a "production image" SD card (dual partition). Insert
> > into your GTA04, press the AUX button and insert the
> > battery. This will flash the new U-Boot into NAND
> > (red screen) and from that moment on you have this new
> > feature in your U-Boot and can use the SD card for other
> > things.
>
> Please could give us a reference to more detailed instructions for doing
> this?  I'm sorry, it's a while now since I last worked on my GTA04, but
> I am very interested to get this improvement in place, so many thanks to
> you and Andreas.

if you have a 2016-series uboot and your first sdcard partition is a fat
partition you could just download the stuff from here and store it
into your first partition:
http://download.goldelico.com/letux-u-boot/GTA04/2017-12-18/

The update process will be started. But it is still a good idea to have
a separate sd card at hand for recovery.

And if you are up for adventure, you can download that directory and
upload it with my script earlier mentioned via usb...

Regards,
Andreas