[Gta04-owner] GTA04A5: you will hate and you will love this mail

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Feb 11 17:37:20 CET 2016

Hi Neil, hi Thierry,

Am 11.02.2016 um 17:02 schrieb Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net>:

> FYI this is a bit 'tl;dr' for me.  Actually I did read it quite well, but
> still struggled to see the overall message

ok, sorry for that. It always happens if you collect a lot of information but
don't have enough time to write a well-designed posting.

> - GTA04A5 is still alive but will
> take longer than planned?

Yes. A longer that planned and last time announced, but not much.

In fact to answer the question of Thierry, there is a good chance that the final
order for production can be done as early as by end of next week. There isn't
much to be done (some paperwork, checking/improving the PCB layout for
another time, testing the 1GB RAM chip).

How long it takes to get the remaining components is guesswork but
~4 weeks until the first PCBs can be built is a good guess.

There are only two open questions:
* RAM verification which needs us to succeed in replacing a RAM chip in an old GTA04
* WL1835 or WL1837? The latter being ~20 EUR more expensive but having 2.4GHZ / 5.8 GHz

What are your opinions on the WL1835/37?