[Gta04-owner] no wifi today (cannot load helper firmware)

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Sat Apr 23 21:26:25 CEST 2016

Hi,

today my wifi fails. Does not matter which partition I boot from.
It does even work on partitions I do no experiments with.
It does not work with the 3.7 kernel.

Bluetooth works.

[  672.540863] libertas_sdio: failed to load helper firmware
[  672.548522] libertas_sdio: probe of mmc1:0001:1 failed with error -84

I have seen this -84 somewhere...
EILSEQ

EILSEQ=EILLPHONE?

Does anyone else have this error and recovered from it?
Is it some funny race condition popping up only at some phases of the moon?
@hns: If I remember correctly you had this error with some 4.x? Did you recover
from it?

Regards,
Andreas