[Gta04-owner] Using touchscreen as a touchpad?

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Sat Apr 23 11:04:04 CEST 2016

Many thanks for your reply, Nikolaus ...

> Am 23.04.2016 um 01:19 schrieb Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net>:
>> Just hit a further problem here: the amd64->armhf cross-compilation toolchain now in Debian is GCC 5,
> could you use an older version or are there unmatched dependencies?

Debian testing currently only has 5.  It might still be possible to get
4 in Debian stable.  But I remember, when I was last using 4, that it
was quite frequently broken by packaging errors.  Anyway I'd prefer to
use 5 with a newer kernel if possible.  Ultimately IMO we have to target
upstreaming and using the mainline kernel.

>> but the kernel back at 3.17 didn't support building with GCC 5.  Is there a much more recent kernel - since whenever the GCC 5 support was added - that more or less runs correctly on the GTA04?
> Yes:

> It is not feature complete but works well enough for such experiments. You can also try the 4.4 kernel but I would not look into older ones. 4.6-rc* did not boot on the GTA04 (while it boots on OMAP5) during my recent tests, but I haven't looked deeply enough into it. Also something for the hacking weekend...

Ah great, thanks.  So, to be clear, you are recommending 4.5?  [1]
(Understanding that this is for experiments like mine and possibly not
for full phone operation.)

[1]
http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/letux-4.5

Regards,