[Gta04-owner] Which distri

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Tue Sep 29 09:27:41 CEST 2015

On Monday 21 of September 2015 20:50:20 H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> What we need is fixing the sources/trees/instructions/whatever to make
> it compile again. Either in a qemu image (e.g.
> http://download.goldelico.com/gta04-debian-lxde/qemu-wheezy-vexpress/ ) or
> by separating into self-contained source packages that can be compiled
on a
> GTA04 with Debian installed.

I wonder why you cant compile, while others could. Qtmoko has 33
contributors - most of them probably compiled it - at least cross compiled.

I can upload my qemu image if needed where you have everything set up.
But the question is: which issues in QtMoko you want to fix?

> IMHO the main problem is that it does not use standard Qt which can be
> installed from Debian repositories, but needs to (cross)-compile some
older
> fork first.

>From the compiling POV it can be advantage - you dont have to fix issues
for every new Qt version.

And QtMoko doesnt use fork, it's vanilla Qt 4 - which is AFAIK still supported
and will be for a few more years.

BR

Radek