[Gta04-owner] LinuxCon Dublin

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Sep 28 13:13:47 CEST 2015

Hi,

Am 25.09.2015 um 13:06 schrieb Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net>:

> Just thought I'd mention that I'll be at LinuxCon in Dublin,

the schedule really looks interesting!
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/linuxcon-europe/program/schedule

> w/c Oct 5th.  Primarily for my dayjob (http://docs.projectcalico.org/en/latest/) - but would also be great to meet up if other GTA04 folk are there.
>
> Also there are sessions that look particularly relevant for GTA04, e.g. 'Device Mainlining BOF‘.

Indeed.

Unfortunately the attendance fee and travel expenses are quite high. For example I would have to rise the price of the GTA04A5 units by more than 10€ each…

Which brings back the question how to sustainably finance the software for hardware projects.

Maybe by making clear that a 119€ phone from a discounter gets 5 Months software support (if at all). While a newly released 600€ GTA0x would get 5 years support (financed sustainably...) and is therefore cheaper in total cost of ownership.