[Gta04-owner] Which distri

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Sep 25 10:15:30 CEST 2015

Am 25.09.2015 um 10:01 schrieb Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net>:

> On 24/09/15 16:48, tgrauss wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> It may not be required to install systemd. I have removed it from my
>> Jessie Debian server and router as it was causing a lot of trouble.

I did have a similar experience with Jessie before it became “stable” (official 8.0 - I think it is already 8.2 now).
So I assume that you simply experienced some beta-phase-bugs.

> By way of a counter point: I have Debian testing, with systemd, running on my GTA04, and don’t see any problems with systemd.

Moving to systemd might need to adapt all the system config tools which assume specific locations of
control and log files and daemons to run/not run.

> (This is with the UI that I wrote about here: http://lists.goldelico.com/pipermail/gta04-owner/2014-May/005616.html)

Thanks for the reminder! I have posted it to twitter:

https://twitter.com/goldelico/status/647321012946751488