[Gta04-owner] various powermanagement issues

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Sun Oct 25 01:28:20 CEST 2015

On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 10:24:17 +0200

> All this is very fine. What we discuss with MLO/U-Boot is to help
> for the first 30 seconds after a depleted battery is starting something
> and before kernel (and scripts in initrd or whereever) take over
> control.

Hmm, my main kernel takes < 12s form uboot lcd on to initrd.
And I have an extra sleep 3 in boot.scr for giving me extra time for the aux button.
But recent kernels have twl4030 stuff as modules, so that may take longer.

> But with most batteries it works with the current situation, so that
> it is an improvement for old batteries.
>
> When I find time (sigh... I assume people are still waiting for GTA04A5
> news...), I can look into the U-Boot systest approach.

I managed to hang uboot with systest ch...
I tried to insert these lines into boot.scr

i2c dev 0
i2c mw 0x4b 0x3d 0x30 1
i2c mw 0x4a 0x75 0x26 1
i2c mw 0x4a 0x95 0xf3 1

That starts charging for me.
I found this line in board/goldelico/gta04/twl4030-additions.h:
#define BCIAUTOWEN       (TWL4030_BASEADD_PM_MASTER + 0x020)

That looks wrong for a *bit*  definition.
But I am too tired now, I'll enjoy the extra hour.

BTW: for checking whether charging is working it is best to look at your external power supply display.

Regards,
Andreas