[Gta04-owner] various powermanagement issues

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Sun Oct 18 14:20:16 CEST 2015

On Sun, 18 Oct 2015 08:20:13 +0200

> > The battery is so bad that after precharge the battery has not enough
> > power to start booting the kernel most times.
>

> Yes, that is indeed a known problem for a long time. It could be solved by
> modifying the MLO so that it turns on 500mA charging within the first 1-2 seconds.
>
> Currently, Linux must boot up to a point to enable 500 mA charging. This takes
> 30-60 seconds.
No, that takes not that long, not with my initrd.
My initrd flashes backtlight for a short time as a status indicator.
Linear charging is enabled at that time.
The root is mounted only when battery reaches a certain level. That is the behaviour which
worked well all the years until the battery got so bad...

> Now a discharged battery is charged by ~50mA (trickle charge) until the device
> turns on as soon as the battery voltage reaches 3.3V. At that point it may be
> charged for just 1%.

And my bad battery has that voltage already at 0.3% of designed capacity.
The power is enough for 1-2s!

Regards,
Andreas