[Gta04-owner] various powermanagement issues

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Thu Oct 15 17:12:01 CEST 2015

Hi,

I have several questions regarding power management. Just the very,
very basic stuff.

About letting power into the gta04:

I had my usb socket broken, pads for the case pads were completely
rip off, so the charging via usb did not work. I noticed that issue at
the beginning of my bicycle trip when I left the ferry...

- If such things do not happen at home, where do you get that fixed?

- What kind of mistreatment causes that problem?

- My externol charger did not load a BL6C replacement I finally found
  (the idea mas to charge one and use the other).
  That seems to be a mechanical tolerance issue. Do these problems also
  happen with the GTA04 itself?

Monitoring device current:
My last boot from flat battery took >10h even with my bike-approved
initrd setup. My battery seems to have lost much capacity the last
weeks. I guess I could still find GTA02 batteries somewhere but not for
a long time. So the questions are:

- Are there any other hints for current other than montioring IUOS
mhile in CV charge mode?
- Has anyone designed things like a BQ27000 adaptor to put a little bit
  smaller standard battery into the GTA04 and that adaptor between the
  adaptor board?

Regards,
Andreas