[Gta04-owner] building qtmoko - Was: Which distri

Josua Mayer josua.mayer97 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 13:00:38 CEST 2015

Good day everybody,

It has been quite a while since I promised I'd try building qtmoko, and I
finally had some limited success:
I did get qtmoko built on real hardware (quadcore armv7) running debian
jessie.

Steps I did:
build qt 4.8.7 with -embedded, and turned it into a .deb:
https://repo.solid-build.xyz/obs/home:/Catwich:/QtMoko/Debian_Jessie/armhf/qt-embedded_4.8.7_armhf.deb

# build qtmoko
mkdir build; cd build
export PATH=/opt/qt-embedded/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/qt-embedded/lib
 ../qtmoko/configure -system-qt -no-rpath -device gta04 -ui-type mobile
-remove-module pkgmanagement -xplatform linux-native-g++ -platform
linux-g++ -prefix /opt/qtmoko
make -j4
make image
cp -r image /opt/qtmoko

However I am not happy with this result.
For one, I had to heavily patch the configure script to make it accept
-system-qt, and even then, it looks like it rebuilt its bundled version of
Qt (check the installed files in /opt/qtmoko/lib, such as libQtScript.so).

I also disabled the QX app, to save on X11 dependencies, maybe in the
future all QtMoko apps can be built individually with their own build-deps?

Then there was a weird build error in qmailstore.cpp that I didn't
understand, and hackfixed it in qmailstore.h

And finally I noticed that these build-dependencies were absolutely
necessary:
libts-dev, libbluetooth-dev, libgps-dev, libspeexdsp-dev, libvorbis-dev

I have uploaded all the interesting log files, and binaries to google drive
here:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2IGxBXnVbDcdzV5YjgyNFNOSUk&usp=sharing

My next step will be to sort otu this -system-qt issue, and then build
qtmoko using dpkg-buildpackage automatically on a build-server like I did
Qt: https://obs.solid-build.xyz/project/monitor/home:Catwich:QtMoko

Yours sincerely
Josua mayer