[Gta04-owner] Letux 4.3-rc4: charging is broken

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Oct 7 09:21:28 CEST 2015

Hi,

Am 07.10.2015 um 09:04 schrieb Christ van Willegen <cvwillegen at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 10:48 PM, H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
>> although omapdrm is now working fine, it appears that charging is broken on
>> 4.3-rc4 kernel.
>
> Neil Brown has had patches accepted that yielded problems (if I
> followed the thread carefully...) with charging.

Ah, ok.now I remember. I must admit that I didn't follow this deeply.

> AFAIK some commits were reverted to make it work for certain people,
> not sure if that broke it for our hardware...

Maybe all related changes should have been rolled back then. Sort of "database transaction".

If I look how elaborated the LKML review process usually is, in my impression
the 4.3-rc series is the worst regression for OMAP based devices in the past years.
4.3-rc-4 was the first one which could boot from MMC. Charging seems to be broken.

But let's stay optimistic and hope (and work) towards 4.4-rc1 :)