[Gta04-owner] Replicant: no sound during calls

Lukas Maerdian luk at slyon.de
Sun Jan 4 11:18:17 CET 2015

Am 03.01.2015 um 23:31 schrieb L.B.:
> Hi all,
>
> First of all I wish you a very happy new year!
> For a good start in 2015 I decided to try Replicant on my GTA04 and
> downloaded the auto-install script from Goldelico git repo (which looks
> recently updated):
>
> http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-makesd.git;a=blob;f=makesd-replicant;h=630e92ffc2baf5e3d332cf11896317fc61e2fa1d;hb=HEAD
>
> It all went well and installed replicant on my 32GB SDcard. All booted
> very well too and within 5 min I could use the Wifi without problem and
> Bluetooth also seemed to work (I have to find another device to make
> sure but the slider does witch correctly).
> I could install a couple of packages to record and play sound, configure
> the ring tones and other niceties.
> Then I tested the calls: I can make phone calls and receive some, but I
> cannot hear anything nor can I speak to the other when the call starts.
> No sound at all during the call, on both side.
> I tried modifiying the sound preferences but it looks like the problem
> is deeper than that. Is this a known bug?
> By the way, congratulations for all the work on replicant! last time I
> tried it was a year ago and a lot has been done since then.

Hi!

I recently implemented software-routing for audio in voice calls and the
changes are working and in the git repository. But the latests testing
image (which makesd makes use of) does not yet include those changes.

So you would either need to compile Replicant yourself, according to
this documentation:
  http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-replicant/page/Replicant-4/

Or you would need to wait for the release of a new Goldelico Replicant
version, which I hope to be soon, but I want to fix one last bug (modem
suspend/resume) before doing a new testing release.

Best,
  Lukas