[Gta04-owner] building qtmoko

Josua Mayer josua.mayer97 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 12:17:04 CET 2015

Happy holidays to all of you!

After many weeks of idling, I found some more time to look into what I
started here.
With a few hacks around the configure scripts, and device config files I
managed to have configure accept the qt I built earlier, as -system-qt.
However QtMoko still builds its own version Qt-Embedded. The system-qt
is *only* used to build the QBuild tool.

It looks to me as if qtopia was designed to use its own version of Qt.
As the configure-script is rather complicated and consists of several
thousand lines of code, I decided to try a new approach now:
invoke qmake/qbuild manually from a simple shell-script and see if I can
come up with something easy to quickly build qtmoko against an already
available version of Qt.

I'll let you all know what comes out of this.

In the meantime, if you are wondering what kinds of hacks I had to
employ, check the latest commit on my fork:
https://github.com/Artox/qtmoko/commits/master

br
Josua Mayer