[Gta04-owner] The future of QtMoko

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sun Sep 28 18:20:50 CEST 2014

Hi,
I have tried again with this setup:
* an eeePC with Debian Wheezy 7.6 i386
* external USB HDD for file storage
* followed the "Cross compling from sources in debian chroot" instructions at: https://github.com/radekp/qtmoko/blob/master/README

The first thing was that gdb wasn't installed. So I did repeat the configure (line 26) after apt-getting gdb.

Now the make (line 27) finally fails with:

*** Error
/default: Prerequisite failed
/sub_default: Prerequisite failed
/src/default_sub: Prerequisite failed
/src/default: Prerequisite failed
/src/sub_default: Prerequisite failed
/src/applications/default_sub: Prerequisite failed
/src/applications/default: Prerequisite failed
/src/applications/sub_default: Prerequisite failed
/src/applications/sysinfo/default_sub: Prerequisite failed
/src/applications/sysinfo/default: Prerequisite failed
/src/applications/sysinfo/target: Prerequisite failed
/src/applications/sysinfo/target_post: Prerequisite failed
/src/applications/sysinfo/cpp_compiler_target: Prerequisite failed
/src/applications/sysinfo/versioninfo.o: Prerequisite failed
/src/applications/sysinfo/force_rebuild: Command execution failed
true
true
Cannot allocate memory
LEAK: 14688 Structure
make: *** [all] Error 1

Am 25.09.2014 um 11:21 schrieb Radek Polak:

> On Wednesday, September 24, 2014 17:48:07 Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>
> > fatal error: gps.h: No such file or directory compilation terminated.
>
> looks like gps devel package is missing. apt-file search gps.h should tell the package name.
>
> > hm. how does this work? Just a single .so? Some special dpkg-buildpackage
> > command?
>
> run qbuild in the directory with sources - it will rebuild just the one module.

does not (yet) exist:

qtmoko-chroot:~/qte/build$ which qbuild
qtmoko-chroot:~/qte/build$

Any ideas what I should do?