[Gta04-owner] 3D printed GTA04 case

Lukas Maerdian luk at slyon.de
Wed Oct 8 10:58:13 CEST 2014

Hi all!

As some of you may already know, I modified the GTA02/GTA04 case to be
3D printable, about 2 years ago:
http://blog.slyon.de/2012/01/02/building-a-case-for-the-goldelico-gta04/

Today, Shapeways (an online 3D printing contractor) announced that they
have completely changed their pricing model and I took this opportunity
to have a fresh look at my GTA04 3D models there. Shapeways changed
quite a bit in the last years: They offer lots of colors nowadays and
most plastic parts have become cheaper, too.

So, I updated my GTA04 models to match the new prices and enabled all
the new colors. For each part, I can now offer all colors at an equal
price and a complete GTA04 case can be printed (in any available color
or a mix of colors) for about 55 EUR/60 USD.

The available colors are:
  Strong & Flexible, Polished:
    * Blue
    * Purple
    * Red
    * Pink
    * Yellow
    * Green
    * Orange
    * White
  Strong & Flexible, Rough:
    * Black
    * White

If you are interested in 3D printing, looking for a spare part or want
to customize your GTA04/GTA02, this might be a good opportunity to get
your hands dirty :)

Maybe you want to try printing a case in your national colors? Like
those examples (GTA04 & Letux 3704) show:
https://images1.sw-cdn.net/model/picture/625x465_446732_510869_1412750863.jpg
http://lists.goldelico.com/pipermail/community/attachments/20140908/272ea090/attachment-0002.jpg

If you are interested, you can read through the project page on my blog
and order your customized parts at Shapeways:
http://blog.slyon.de/3d-printed-gta04-case/
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/slyon

Best regards,
  Lukas

PS: Please share your experiences, especially with the new colored
materials (pictures please!), if you choose to have some parts printed!