[Gta04-owner] Further 3.17 kernel development for GTA04

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Sun Nov 9 16:57:04 CET 2014

Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net> writes:

> NeilBrown <neilb at suse.de> writes:
>
>> On Wed, 05 Nov 2014 00:22:29 +0000 Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> What config do you use when building your kernel for GTA04?  I've
>>> checked out your 3.17-gta04, but don't see any obvious GTA04 configs
>>> under arch/arm/configs.
>>
>> See below.  I'm in two minds about including this.
>
> Thanks.  After some entertaining diversions (*) I've built and booted
> this kernel and can report that it seems to solve two other problems
> that were afflicting my last experiments back in June/July [...]
>
> Thank you!

Does suspending work correctly for you with this kernel?  I have a
script that I use with xautolock to suspend automatically, and its log
indicates an I/O error when it tries to suspend by writing 'mem' to
/sys/power/state:

  + echo mem
  sh: echo: I/O error

If I try to suspend explicitly from the command line, here's what
happens:

  root at neo:~# cat /sys/power/state
  freeze mem
  root at neo:~# echo mem > /sys/power/state

The screen has gone blank, and so the phone now appears to have
suspended.  However, if I just tap the screen, it comes on again, and
then in the SSH session I see:

  -bash: echo: write error: Operation not permitted
  root at neo:~#

Are you seeing similar?

Thanks,
        Neil

Here's how I use xautolock, in case the detail is useful.  In .xsession
I have:

  # Auto-suspend.
  rm -f /var/log/autolock.log
  rm -rf /root/autolock/stayalive.d
  mkdir /root/autolock/stayalive.d
  xautolock -time 1 -locker /root/autolock/autolock.sh -detectsleep &

And the content of /root/autolock/autolock.sh is:

  #!/bin/sh
  exec >>/var/log/autolock.log 2>&1
  set -x
  echo $0 started `date`
  xautolock -disable
  if [ "$(ls -A /root/autolock/stayalive.d)" ]; then
      : "Suspending is disallowed"
  else
      : "Suspending is allowed"
      read AC_ONLINE < /sys/class/power_supply/twl4030_ac/online
      read USB_ONLINE < /sys/class/power_supply/twl4030_usb/online
      if [ x$AC_ONLINE != x1 -a x$USB_ONLINE != x1 ]; then
          echo mem > /sys/power/state
      fi
  fi
  xautolock -unlocknow