[Gta04-owner] Externel UMTS antenna?

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue May 13 09:48:44 CEST 2014

Am 12.05.2014 um 22:12 schrieb Hermann Schwärzler:

> Hi there,
>
> sometimes I am using my gta04 as an UMTS-router. Unfortunately quite often in areas with poor reception. This forces me to revert to GSM, which gives me an almost unusable connection speed.
>
> Near the modem (near the left hand lower corner of this image: http://download.goldelico.com/gta04/images/DSC01393.jpg) there is a plug socket that looks a little bit smaller than the one for the GPS antenna.
> Is it possible to use it to connect an external antenna?

Yes. It is the same as GTA01/02. But intended for factory measurements. For using an external antenna I don't know about type approval.

> What type of plug is it? An SSMCX?

No, it is a Murata "SWD" MM8430-2600RA1 (DigiKey 490-1062-1-ND).
This model is no longer in production, but I found that it apparently has been replaced by MM8430-2610.

For connection, there are adapter cables to SMA: Murata MXHS83QE3000 (490-4982-ND)