[Gta04-owner] Graphics SDK 5_01_01_01

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Thu May 1 16:28:17 CEST 2014

On 2014-05-01 14:45, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> Am 01.05.2014 um 15:28 schrieb Josua Mayer:
>> So I have been reading a lot of google and opened a few datasheets,
>> some grep, etc...
>> and stumbled on these:
>> https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/10/8/566
>> https://git.ti.com/wilink8-wlan/wilink8-wlan-ti-linux-kernel/commit/4422e028116e147ac190de0d17e4f05ddb95f307?format=patch
>> The ti_reset.c seems to contain processor-specific information about
>> the reset controller, but there is no dm or omap part mentioned,
>> though apparently DM and AM parts should be identical in this aspect.
>> And, the reset controller driver has to be loaded, I think thats what
>> the dts change is meant to achieve. I havent seen any hint on how to
>> do that in a boardfile (except arch/arm/mach-imx/src.c,
>> reset_controller_register).
>
> Thanks for these links! As soon as we have fixed the major issues of
> the 3.15 kernel I can take a look into it. Maybe 3.15 is already a
> little
> better developed than 3.12 in that respect.

Plus there have been more ti_reset changes on the linux-omap list that I
guess will be in 3.16; also things that (at least to my untrained eye)
look related to HDQ, DSS, power domain mgmt, off mode etc. etc.  So I
think there is good reason to hope that things will magically get better
and get fixed with every new kernel release.

Regards,
      Neil