[Gta04-owner] Kernel 3.14-rc7

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Mon Mar 17 18:57:33 CET 2014

On Monday, March 17, 2014 05:16:46 PM Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> Finally it turns out that instantiating the drivers by DT gives them
> different names and positions in the /sysfs - and therefore the udev rules
> fail.
>
> Even worse: it appears that the nodes are no longer in the same subtree
> but in different ones.

Sysfs paths were never very stable across different kernels - you can see it
e.g. in QtMoko git log how many commits are just sysfs path changes.

I always supported just one kernel in QtMoko userspace and made sure that
sysfs files error handling is properly done - i.e. writing warnings if files
were not found. I think you can achieve something similar for udev by using
udevadm. It has options for debugging uevents.

Regards

Radek