[Gta04-owner] Kernel 3.14-rc5 for GTA04

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Mar 7 16:08:54 CET 2014

Am 03.03.2014 um 13:09 schrieb Christoph Mair:

> On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 12:11 PM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
> <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
>> * system is a little sluggish on the console
>
> Did you check if the delay loop is correctly calibrated?
> Somewhere the kernel says: "Calibrating delay loop" and prints out
> some value: lpj=11969856

here is the 3.14 kernel
[    0.001495] Calibrating delay loop... 594.73 BogoMIPS (lpj=2973696)

and here the 3.12 kernel

[    0.000274] Calibrating delay loop... 319.48 BogoMIPS (lpj=1597440)

Well, this is not from the same board, but both report MPURATE=800 from U-Boot.

> If this loop does not get the right value, the clockdomain definitions
> may contain some bug and as a result the system feels sluggish on the
> console.

Ok. This might also explain some other problems we see.

> Passing the lpj=xxx kernel parameter will fix this. For the
> correct value, have a look at some older kernel log.

Well, that would be a workaround. Shouldn't it better be fixed in the calibration code?
Any ideas where? Or a patch that has been discussed on LKML?