[Gta04-owner] Kernel upstreaming

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Mar 3 19:02:51 CET 2014

Hi,

Am 03.03.2014 um 18:31 schrieb Neil Jerram:

> Hi Nikolaus,
>
> I just realized I need to ask another question in this thread...
>
> On 2014-02-27 12:37, Neil Jerram wrote:
>> On 2014-02-27 12:05, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>
>>> Yes, there are less than 400. About 200 of them are for PVR/SGX
>>> because we have an (old and non-functional) source in our tree.
>
>>> Of the others I expect that we can get 100 upstream in the next time -
>>> or are already submitted but did not yet arrive (e.g. panel drivers,
>>> improvements for device tree, omap clock framework).
>> Nice.
>>> The remaining 100 are programmed in a way that needs a some work (or
>>> will never become part of the mainline tree - e.g. everything in the
>>> GTA04 directory or defconfigs).
>
> [...]
>
>>> I have attached a current list.
>
> [...]
>
>> I'll look at the list of diffs, and propose something that looks
>> tractable and that I'm not aware of anyone else working on.
>
> Is it possible to generate a diff that excludes the ~100 changes that you or others have already submitted upstream?

Hm. That is a little difficult to track because "submitted" does not mean "accepted" and even if "accepted" it may get lost
unless you ask again. And then it may come back because they no longer want to accept it verbatim as it was originally
submitted... Then you have to start over.

> Because there would obviously be no point in me looking at those.  (I think it's already easy enough to identify and ignore the PVR/SGX changes, because they're all in the same part of the codebase.)
>
> For example I started looking at the mpurate change - but that might be one that's already on its way upstream.

Hm. The mpurate may no longer be needed or should be part of the device tree setup.

So maybe the best thing would be to propose some topics/areas you would like to work on.

Areas that have not been addressed so far are e.g.
* camera (the ISP and the camera module)
* gta04 extensions for sound (e.g. phone codec, hw-voice-routing)

Marek should also be able to comment on what he already has submitted.