[Gta04-owner] Upstream Replicant 4.2 support for GTA04

mx4812 at arcor.de mx4812 at arcor.de
Sun Mar 2 12:36:16 CET 2014

> > The recovery binary expects to have /system, /data and /cache as
> > separate partitions as well. It will *format* the partitions from their
> > mount points when asked to wipe data.
>
> Ah, ok. I understand.
>
> But why doe we need to reformat the card at all? We can provide a GTA04
> recovery mechanism that does not wipe it out.

For what it's worth, as a user I would appreciate both, a simple one
partition image to install, switch, recover, ...
And a standard way to keep data and apps on a separate partition.

If maybe we could have a gta convention for a data partition, distros
could symlink to them. For example, replicant's /data could be symlinked
to the /replicant/data on the shared data partition.

The replicant recovery tool could just rm -rf /data/* if it is not a mountpoint.