[Gta04-owner] Usb adapter --> Sunnto watch --> Openambit

Maelvon HAWK maelvon.hawk at laposte.net
Sat Jun 28 22:56:28 CEST 2014

Hello,

After a test on QtMoko to run an application in Qx, failed because I
cannot move the mouse in Qx, I've roll back to Lxde and installed the "
20140328-GTA04-Production-3.12.7-wheezy-7.3" on the micro-sd.

Lxde run well. But I've done some modifications.

In "/usr/bin/startx":

- defaultserverargs=""
+ defaultserverargs="-dpi 96"

So the text's font in windows is not SO BIG!

Still missing the "shutdown", etc to the shutdown button, only a
"logout" and "cancel", but it seems to be a Lxde bug (In one of my
instalation test it was come back, but I don't known how, and that's not
the subject).

Then:

apt-get install locales
dpkg-reconfigure locales

To repair the:
=====
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
LANGUAGE = (unset), LC_ALL = (unset),
LANG = "fr_FR.UTF-8"
locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
====
error message

Installed "wicd" so I can connect to the Gta04 in Wifi while connecting
a Usb adapter[1], and connect to it a Sunnto watch and see the gta04 logs.

Installed the software "Openambit"[2] to retrieve logs from the watch.

But the Usb connection does not seems to work for the soft, as Openambit
does not detect the watch. The detection works on Ubuntu while
connecting the watch directly on a computer Usb port. And Openambit run
well.
Here on Lxde, lsusb recognize the watch. But I suppose the Usb adapter
interfere in the Openambit udev rules, and the watch does not show up in
Openambit (that's what I suppose, but I'm not sure!).
Is that possible to make Openambit detecting the watch? Should I try to
"modify" to the udev rules in the Openambit git code, or that is not
possible to detect the watch because of hardware architecture, connexion
I use here (Usb hub, Usb adapter, watch)?

Thanks for your help, advices.

Follow the lsub CLI

root at gta04:~# lsusb -t
/:  Bus 02.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=musb-hdrc/1p, 480M
     |__ Port 1: Dev 3, If 1, Class=HID, Driver=usbhid, 12M
/:  Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ehci-omap/3p, 480M

root at gta04:~# lsusb -v

Bus 002 Device 003: ID 1493:001a
Device Descriptor:
   bLength                18
   bDescriptorType         1
   bcdUSB               2.00
   bDeviceSubClass         0
   bDeviceProtocol         0
   bMaxPacketSize0         8
   idVendor           0x1493
   idProduct          0x001a
   bcdDevice            2.00
   iManufacturer           1 Suunto
   iProduct                2 Ambit
   iSerial                 3 CA8309510C000700
   bNumConfigurations      1
   Configuration Descriptor:
     bLength                 9
     bDescriptorType         2
     wTotalLength           41
     bNumInterfaces          1
     bConfigurationValue     1
     iConfiguration          4 MSP430 USB
     bmAttributes         0x80
       (Bus Powered)
     MaxPower              100mA
     Interface Descriptor:
       bLength                 9
       bDescriptorType         4
       bInterfaceNumber        1
       bAlternateSetting       0
       bNumEndpoints           2
       bInterfaceClass         3 Human Interface Device
       bInterfaceSubClass      0 No Subclass
       bInterfaceProtocol      0 None
       iInterface              6 HID Interface
         HID Device Descriptor:
           bLength                 9
           bDescriptorType        33
           bcdHID               1.01
           bCountryCode            0 Not supported
           bNumDescriptors         1
           bDescriptorType        34 Report
           wDescriptorLength      36
          Report Descriptors:
            ** UNAVAILABLE **
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x82  EP 2 IN
         bmAttributes            3
           Transfer Type            Interrupt
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0040  1x 64 bytes
         bInterval               1
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x02  EP 2 OUT
         bmAttributes            3
           Transfer Type            Interrupt
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0040  1x 64 bytes
         bInterval               1
Device Status:     0x0000
   (Bus Powered)

Device Descriptor:
   bLength                18
   bDescriptorType         1
   bcdUSB               2.00
   bDeviceClass            9 Hub
   bDeviceSubClass         0 Unused
   bDeviceProtocol         0 Full speed (or root) hub
   bMaxPacketSize0        64
   idVendor           0x1d6b Linux Foundation
   idProduct          0x0002 2.0 root hub
   bcdDevice            3.12
   iManufacturer           3 Linux 3.12.7-gta04 ehci_hcd
   iProduct                2 EHCI Host Controller
   iSerial                 1 ehci-omap.0
   bNumConfigurations      1
   Configuration Descriptor:
     bLength                 9
     bDescriptorType         2
     wTotalLength           25
     bNumInterfaces          1
     bConfigurationValue     1
     iConfiguration          0
     bmAttributes         0xe0
       Self Powered
       Remote Wakeup
     MaxPower                0mA
     Interface Descriptor:
       bLength                 9
       bDescriptorType         4
       bInterfaceNumber        0
       bAlternateSetting       0
       bNumEndpoints           1
       bInterfaceClass         9 Hub
       bInterfaceSubClass      0 Unused
       bInterfaceProtocol      0 Full speed (or root) hub
       iInterface              0
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
         bmAttributes            3
           Transfer Type            Interrupt
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0004  1x 4 bytes
         bInterval              12
Hub Descriptor:
   bLength               9
   bDescriptorType      41
   nNbrPorts             3
   wHubCharacteristic 0x0009
     Per-port power switching
     Per-port overcurrent protection
   bPwrOn2PwrGood       10 * 2 milli seconds
   bHubContrCurrent      0 milli Ampere
   DeviceRemovable    0x00
   PortPwrCtrlMask    0xff
  Hub Port Status:
    Port 1: 0000.0100 power
    Port 2: 0000.0100 power
    Port 3: 0000.0100 power
Device Status:     0x0001
   Self Powered

Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Device Descriptor:
   bLength                18
   bDescriptorType         1
   bcdUSB               2.00
   bDeviceClass            9 Hub
   bDeviceSubClass         0 Unused
   bDeviceProtocol         1 Single TT
   bMaxPacketSize0        64
   idVendor           0x1d6b Linux Foundation
   idProduct          0x0002 2.0 root hub
   bcdDevice            3.12
   iManufacturer           3 Linux 3.12.7-gta04 musb-hcd
   iProduct                2 MUSB HDRC host driver
   iSerial                 1 musb-hdrc.1.auto
[...]
   nNbrPorts             1
   wHubCharacteristic 0x0011
     Per-port power switching
     No overcurrent protection
     TT think time 8 FS bits
   bPwrOn2PwrGood        5 * 2 milli seconds
   bHubContrCurrent      0 milli Ampere
   DeviceRemovable    0x02
   PortPwrCtrlMask    0xff
  Hub Port Status: