[Gta04-owner] Sound playback

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Sat Jun 21 14:47:03 CEST 2014

On 2014-06-21 10:57, Neil Jerram wrote:

> There's a bit of audio code change in the attached diff.  This should
> only affect headset jack detection, but I'll rebuild my kernel and
> retest without it, just to make sure.

Still the same result, after doing that.  (In one test of 5 plays,
I heard #2, #4 and #5; in the next test, I only heard #5.)

I guess a good next step would be to see if this is reproducible
on the current Goldelico production Debian/LXDE rootfs.  Unfortunately
I don't have my SD card with me that has that rootfs.  Could someone
else who has that rootfs try the following and report back?

root at neo:~# for n in `seq 1 5`; do sleep 1; aplay -D hw:0 -f S16_LE -c 1
test.wav; done

I've attached my test.wav, for convenience, and just in case it's a
relevant factor

Thanks,
     Neil