[Gta04-owner] Replicant-4.2 for GTA04

Lukas Maerdian luk at slyon.de
Fri Feb 28 12:24:47 CET 2014

On 27.02.2014 17:11 UTC+0100, Alexandre Roumiantsev wrote:
>>> I've tried to integrate the qtaguid patch into my kernel today, but it
>>> did not compile and threw a lot of errors. Do you use the patch
>>> (commit1.patch) from here:
>>> http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-replicant/issues/559/
>>> Or do you have a more current version?
>>
>> Apparently the file include/linux/netfilter/xt_quota2.h is missing.
>> Does this file exist in your kernel tree and could you send a patch
>> which includes this?
>
> No changes in this patch, but it is my fault, that I miss xt_quota2.h
> file in it.The file really exist at my development system. Find it in
> attachment.
> Except some changes in gta04_defconfig file ( and qtaguid changes ) should not be any difference
> in kernel source in comparison with your repo. More over find here
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-rRgKAzYyoBdEZnRVI5RE9kaVk/edit?usp=sharing
> tar-file with my kernel source, with gta04_defconfig file organized according your partition scheme ( no INITRD ),
> and here
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-rRgKAzYyoBdktyNkJRQWxBaDg/edit?usp=sharing
> build, produced from it, which possible to place (  tar xjvf .. ) into one SD card partition, same as yours.

After importing some more files and code snippets from the AOSP-3.10
kernel, I could get it compiled and booting.

With this patch the qtaguid errors are now gone from logcat, see #559:
http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-replicant/issues/559/

I see quite some errors in console-log/dmesg about BT and Wifi, though,
but as I have to rework them anyway for 4.2 I'll keep it like that for now.

Furthermore, I've integrated your CGroups fix and your dummy power_profile:
http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-replicant-device.git;a=commit;h=558e6b4e9e8a04ba6b275c6d8b6020a7be34bc4a
http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-replicant-device.git;a=commit;h=a47e004a812ad1f2872c74dac2a17be96bafa5ca

With the CGroups patch the CGroups errors are gone from logcat as well :)

Last, Replicant-4.2 doesn't seem to be affected from the high CPU usage
bug in surfaceflinger, as the solution you mentioned is already
integrated in 4.2, see #564:
http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-replicant/issues/564/

Regards,
  Lukas