[Gta04-owner] Replicant, webpage without project description?

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Feb 27 19:11:18 CET 2014

Am 27.02.2014 um 18:55 schrieb mx4812 at arcor.de:

> Hello,
>
>> Which web page are you referring to?
>>
>> This http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-replicant/ or something else?
>
> Actually, I did find that page too (and it gave a valueable hint "free Android"),
> but did not seem to link to http://replicant.us which was another search result
> that I assume points to the main site (were I had hoped to find some
> explanations, relations, and overviews).
>
> Sorry, I forgot to mention the URLs.

Well, in fact there is the official FSF Replicant project http://replicant.us which had
started to work for the GTA04 device but did give up because they were not happy
with the kernel.

So we (the creators of the GTA04) did take over and started our own
partial fork to provide what is missing. This is http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-replicant/

In the long run we hope that the official Replicant is taking and re-integrating our
work since running a fork is not optimal for anybody.

Maybe we should better describe it and improve the link from goldelico
to replicant.

For the other way please ping the owners of the Replicant.us project.

BR and thanks for bringing this up!